The New Normal
Top Tens – Search
In no particular order, here are our top ten facts around the dark arts of search and SEO:
- More than 70% of searches start with a generic search, such as “CRM software,” rather than a search for specific brands. (Harvard Busines Review)
- 61% of marketers say improving SEO and growing their organic presence is their top inbound marketing priority.
- Organic SEO is about 5.66 times more effective than paid search.
- 85% of users ignore paid ads and focus on organic search results.
- More than 35% of marketers use keyword analysis as their main source of content ideas.
- Forrester forecasts that spending on B2B search advertising in the US will increase by 25% by 2022.
- Mobile searches have overtaken desktop searches: 57% of search queries take place on mobile devices according to BrightEdge.
- 72% of marketers see the creation of useful content as the most productive SEO strategy.
- While over 30% of marketers think voice search is the next big trend, 60% have no strategy to incorporate it into their business strategy. (Econsultancy)
- Currently, 40% of adults perform a voice search daily, and it has been predicted that by the end of 2020 50% of all searches will be voice.